Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 October 2013

GOD IS DEAD

I smoked the pipe for Lou Reed
and the smoke went up in smoke.
his spirit climbed the walls like
The sword of Damocles', blue mask.

I know where I was when I heard
I got a phone call from my ex wife
saying it said on the news Lou reed
was dead, I was writing a poem called
with-in listening to a Lou reed song
 
called the day john Kennedy died
I stopped and cried.  I woke this
morning raw eyed, maybe I dreamt
there was a point to life and the human
race.  a shadow shimmered like smoke
on the wall, a new day as if a dark shadow
 
was lifted from me, I cant explain but
I felt good in myself, I could hear music
playing in my head.  Like me he loved
reality, the autumn leaves fell outside
I know what I want to do, play Lou.


No comments:

Post a Comment